Amazing Cupcake Poppers
What you’ll need:
1 box of Betty Crocker white cake mix
Liquid food colours (pink, purple, orange, green, blue)
1 1/2 cups of marshmallow crème
3/4 cup of fresh butter
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
How to make these amazing cupcake poppers:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- With a cooking oil spray can spray 60 mini muffin cups.
- To make the cake batter follows the instructions on the box and divide the batter in to 5 small bowls with about 3/4 cup each.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of the food colour to each of the bowls and blend well.
- Now fill in each of the mini muffin cups with one tablespoon of batter. Make 12 pieces for each colour.
- Bake them for around 12 minutes and cool.
- Now in a large bowl beat with the help of an electric mixer the marshmallow creme and butter on a medium speed until completely blended. Beat in the powdered sugar until the mixture gets nice and fluffy.
- Divide this yummy frosting in to 5 small bowls with about 1/3 cup of the frosting each.
- With the same food colours tint the frosting to match the colours of the cupcakes.
- Now assemble the cupcake poppers using two mini cupcakes for each popper. Cut the top off of each of the cupcakes horizontally. Spread on the frosting and form a sandwich by placing the cut side of second cupcake top.
- Repeat these steps for each popper and enjoy!