What you’ll need:
Cupcakes which you baked in advance (any flavour will do)
White frosting (any company)
Orange liquid food colour
Circular shaped orange sprinkles
Black rope liquorice
How to make basketball cupcakes:
- Start off by taking your liquorice and measuring it up with your cupcakes so that you can cut it more accurately to form the black lines of a basketball. There should be 3 lines for each cupcake. One straight line across the middle and 2 curved lines on each end.
- Now in a bowl add the white frosting and the orange food colouring and mix.
- Now it is time to get the frosting on the cupcakes. Make sure to add a generous layer of frosting as the liquorice and sprinkles will need to be held with it.
- Place the cut out liquorice on the cupcakes.
- Place all of your cupcakes in a large pan and dust them with the sprinkles.