Caramal Custard Pudding
What You Need
½ litre of milk
2 to 3 drops of vanilla essence
5 to 6 cups of sugar
5 to 6 micro-oven proof pudding cups
How to Prepare
1. Coat all the pudding cups with butter and set your oven to 175 degrees celcius
2. Heat 1 cup of water on medium heat in a saucepan.
3. Add 2 cups of sugar to this water and stir well for minute. After a minute, let the mixture boil for a while, stirring the mixture occasionally. Once the mixture turns golden, pour it in all the pudding cups.
4. Pour in the milk into another saucepan along with the rest of the sugar and put over medium heat. Let this mixture simmer.
5. Beat 4 eggs and mix them into the milk and sugar mixture. Stir this mixture properly till it is reduced to half its original volume. Once this happens, add the vanilla essence to the reduced mixture.
6. Take the mixture and pass it through a strainer so that you have a perfectly uniform mixture. Pour the mixture into the pudding cups.
7. Heat the pudding cups with the mixture in a micro-oven for 40 to 45 minutes after which take them out and let them cool down before putting them into a refrigerator for more cooling.
8. Once they are chilled, take them out and scoop out the caramel custard pudding out of the pudding cups with a spoon.