How to make Caramel Centered Brownies
What You Need:
• 1 can (approx. 400 grams) of condensed sweetened milk
• 2 cups of sugar
• 1 cup of canola oil
• 1 cup of walnut, chopped and divided into two equal halves
• 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
• ¾ cup of baking cocoa
• 1 cup (approx. 170 grams) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 4 eggs
• ¼ cup of 2% milk
• Approx. 400 grams of caramels
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
How to Prepare:• Set your oven to 177 degrees Celsius and grease a 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
• Beat the eggs, cocoa, oil, milk and sugar in a large bowl. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together and gradually blend into the previously made mixture containing eggs until the ingredients are well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and ½ cup of chopped walnuts.
• Pour 2/3 of this batter into the greased pan and bake for 12 minutes.
• While this happens, heat the milk and caramels in a large saucepan over low heat till the caramels melt. Once the brownie layer is baked, spread this mixture over the layer and sprinkle over the rest of the walnuts.
• Using a teaspoon, spread the rest of the brownie batter over the caramel layer and gently swirl the brownie batter using a knife.
• Bake this for another 35 to 40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs; remember to not over-bake the brownies.
• Let this cool over the cooling rack, cut into bars and serve.