Cheesy Bacon filled Pretzel Buns
• Milk (Couple of cups)
• Active dry yeast (Two packets or 1 ½ tablespoons)
• Brown sugar (Six tablespoons)
• Melted butter (Four tablespoons)
• All-purpose flour (4 ½ cups)
• Fine salt (Couple of teaspoons)
• Crumbled bacon (3/4 cups)
• Grated cheddar cheese (1 ½ cups)
• Baking soda (1/3 cup)
• Warm water (Couple of cups)
• Coarse salt
• Butter (Six tablespoons)
• Minced garlic (One clove)
• Smoked paprika (1/4 teaspoon)
• Chopped fresh herbs (parsley and oregano)
Directions for Preparation
1. First of all warm the milk on stove for 1 ½ minutes. However, make sure that the temperature of warm milk must not exceed 1100, or else the yeast will die in it.
2. Add yeast in the milk and stir it for next three minutes. Now add some sugar and butter into it. Gradually add flour into it, one cup at a time, and then add some fine salt. With the help of hand or a stand mixer, mix it for next 10 minutes.
3. Cover it with a moist cloth and put it somewhere warm and moist for next one hour till it becomes double in size. Now pre-heat the oven till the temperature reaches 4000.
4. With the help of hands punch the dough and make twelve lumps of equal sizes. Now flatten up each one of them into three inch wide disks. Place some cheese (2 tablespoons) and bacon (one tablespoon) on each disk and close the disks in such a way that they turn into a ball.
5. Take a bowl and mix baking soda and warm water together in it. One by one dip each one of the rolls into this water.
6. Put these rolls over a greased baking sheet and then sprinkle some coarse salt over them. With the help of a serrated knife, slit the top part of each roll.
7. Bake them for next 15 minutes till they turn brown. In a bowl add some butter, paprika and garlic, and put it in a microwave to melt the butter. Now add herbs in the melted butter and immediately brush this mixture over the rolls. Your Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Pretzel Buns are ready to be served.