Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Cookies
• Frozen puff pastry (Couple of sheets/each 475g)
• Cream cheese at room temperature (One packet/8 ounce)
• White sugar (Three tablespoons)
• Milk chocolate chips (1 ¾ cups)
Directions for Preparation
1. Take the puff pastry out of the freezer and thaw it at normal room temperature.
2. Now take 14x10” rectangular sheets and roll them over a surface sprinkled by some flour.
3. Mix sugar and cream cheese in a blender till the mixture becomes smooth enough. In equal quantities, spread the cream cheese between the sheets, starting from one end of sheet to other. However, make sure to leave one inch border at each end that’s without the cream cheese. Now take the chocolate chips and use them in equal quantities over both sheets.
4. From the longer end start rolling the sheet towards the other end that’s without cream cheese. Now make the edges of pastry moist with water and then you can seal its edges. Put the roll in a refrigerator for about an hour.
5. Cut the rolls into one inch thick pieces. Heat the oven at 175c and then take a cookie sheet and grease it. You can even use parchment paper. One by one put the cookies over the sheet and bake them for next 20 to 25 minutes till they turn brown. Take them out of the oven and place them over wiring rack to cool down.