Chocolate Coated Coconut Candy
What You Need
• 1 ¾ cups of flaked coconut
• 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup of chopped almonds
• 1 ¾ cups of confectioner’s sugar
• ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
• 2 tablespoons of shortening
• Optional ingredients: chopped almonds, flaked coconut, sprinkles and sliced almonds
How to Prepare
• Mix the confectioner’s sugar, almonds, milk and coconut in a large bowl.
• Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 20 minutes or till the balls are firm.
• Melt the shortening and semisweet chocolate chips in a microwave set on high heat and stir the mixture. Heat the mixture in the microwave for additional 10 to 20 second intervals and stir till the mixture is smooth.
• Dip the coconut balls in the chocolate mixture and let the excess chocolate drip off. Garnish with the optional ingredients mentioned if you desire.
• Place the chocolate coated balls on wax paper till the chocolate is set.