Chocolate Mud cake Muffins
What you'll need
125g butter, cubed
100g dark chocolate buttons
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup of milk
3/4 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup of self raising flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa
150g of dark chocolate melts
100ml of thickened cream
1 x cadbury flake bar
How to make Chocolate Mudcake Muffins:
1. Line a muffin tray with paper cases and preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a saucepan over low heat combine the butter, chocolate buttons, sugar and milk and stir until all melted together then pour into a bowl and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
3. Add the sifted plain flour, self raising flour and cocoa and stir well. Lightly whisk the egg and add that to the mixture stirring well until well combined.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cases and bake for 25minutes or until cooked.
5. Place on a wire rack to cool.
1. Combine the chocolate and cream in a bowl and place over a saucepan with water simmering.
2. Stir together until melted and glossy then remove from heat and allow to cool and thicken for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Spread the thickened chocolate topping over the muffins.
4. Crumble the flake bar in a bowl and sprinkle on top of each muffin.