Chocolate Torte Recipe
What you will need:
For the Cake:
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup granulated sugar
For the Glaze and Topping:
Unsweetened baking chocolate
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
4 to 6 teaspoons boiling water
1/3 cup caramel topping
For the Garnish:
1/2 cup chopped pecans
How to make:
1. Heat your oven to 185°C.
2. Grease a 9-inch pan with cooking oil.
3. Now in a saucepan melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter over medium heat while stirring frequently.
4. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then stir in flour and egg yolks until well blended.
5. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until foamy then beat in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until soft peaks form.
6. Fold the chocolate mixture into these egg whites and then spread batter evenly in pan.
7. Now bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top appears dry and cracked.
8. Cool for 10 minutes.
9. Now place the cake on serving plate.
10. In a saucepan melt the chocolate and 1 teaspoon butter over low heat and stir in the powdered sugar and water until smooth.
11. Drizzle this glaze over top of the cake and finally drizzle the caramel topping over glaze.
12. Garnish with chocolate curls and pecans and serve.