What you will need:
Six ounces of baking chocolate
Two tablespoons of butter
¼ cup of heavy whipped cream
One tablespoon of shortening
A cup of milk chocolate chips
Chopped nuts for garnish
How to make chocolate truffles:
- Firstly take out a cookie sheet and cover it with aluminium foil.
- Now melt your baking chocolate in a pan on a low heat. (Stir frequently)
- Add the butter and whipped cream in to the chocolate and then remove from the heat and refrigerate for 15 minutes but keep stirring the mixture till it is thick enough to hold its shape.
- Now take a teaspoon and drop this mixture on to the cookie sheet and try to shape them in to small balls.
- Freeze these balls for about 30 minutes.
- Now heat up the chocolate chips and shortening on a low heat until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Dip your chocolate balls in to this mixture one at a time and place on the aluminium foil covered cookie sheet.
- Immediately after placing the truffles decorate them with the garnishing of your choice.
- Store in the Refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.