Countryside Caramel and Apple Tart
What You Need
• ¼ cup of cubed cold butter
• 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 6 ½ teaspoons of water
• 1/8 teaspoon of salt
For The Topping
• 1 teaspoon of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of water
• 8 caramels
• ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
For The Filling
• 3 tablespoons of sugar
• 1 ½ cup of peeled and chopped tart apples
• 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
How to Prepare
• Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in the butter till crumbs form. Gradually add in the water and vanilla and toss with a fork till a dough ball forms. Cover this and refrigerate for 30 minutes or till the dough ball becomes easy to handle.
• Preheat your oven to 205 degrees Celsius.
• Roll the dough into a 10 inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
• Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
• To make the filling, simply combine all of the filling ingredients. Spoon this filling onto the dough to within 2 inches from the edges. Now fold up the edges of the pastry towards the center and leave the center uncovered.
• Mix the sugar and the cinnamon (included in the topping ingredients) and sprinkle this over the filling.
• Bake this tart for around 25 to 30 minutes or till it is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Now slide the tart onto a wire rack using the parchment paper lining the baking sheet.
• In a microwave-friendly bowl, heat the caramels and the water in a microwave set at moderate heat for 1 to 1 ½ minutes or till the caramels melt; make sure you stir every 30 seconds.
• Let the melted caramels stand for 5 minutes after which drizzle them over the tart and the filling.
• Now serve and enjoy this wonderful tart!