Cronuts: Puff Pastry Donuts – the perfect party treat
• Defrosted puff pastry (Couple of sheets)
• One whisked egg
• Vegetable oil
• Powdered sugar (2c.)
• Milk (1 ½ tablespoons)
• Salt (Half a teaspoon)
• Vanilla extract (One teaspoon)
Directions for Preparation
1. Sprinkle some flour over clean and flat kitchen slab. Now take a sheet of puff pastry and then put it over the floured surface. Take a pastry brush and apply some egg in the puff pastry sheet. Now fold them into thirds and follow the same process with other sheet. Once done, put both the sheets in a freezer for next 15 minutes.
2. In a deep fryer heat vegetable oil up to 3500. Now take the puff pastry sheets out of the freezer and cut them into 1 ½ – 2 inches width with the help of a doughnut cutter. However, make sure not to open the sheets. Leave them as it is. Use the scraps for making doughnut holes.
3. Now fry the doughnuts in a hot oil for next 5 minutes from both sides till they become golden brown and puffy. Take the doughnuts out of the oil and place them over paper towel.
4. Take a bigger bowl and mix milk, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt together till they become smooth enough. Now dip each one of the doughnuts in the glaze and put them over a cooling rack prior to serving.