Delicious Cherry Vodka Pop Cakes
What You Need
• 1 pack of cake mix and a pop cake maker
• Water, butter and eggs according to the instructions on the cake mix pack
• 3 ½ tablespoons or about 1 ½ ounces of cherry flavoured gelatin
• ¼ cup of water
• 1 tablespoon of cold water
• ½ teaspoon almond extract
• 3 tablespoons of vodka
• Red food colouring for candy coatings
• 2 sets of Light Creamy Glaze
For Light Creamy Glaze
• ½ tablespoon of vanilla
• ½ tablespoon almond extract
• 3 ¼ cups of confectioner’s sugar
• 3 tablespoons of water
• 3 tablespoons of light corn syrup
• 2 ounces of chopped vanilla almond bark
How To Prepare
• Follow the directions given on the pack of the cake mix and prepare it using the water, butter and eggs.
• Pour in ½ tablespoon of almond extract and stir.
• Add one tablespoon of the resultant batter to each one of the slots in the pop cake maker (the batter is enough of around 60 cake pops) and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake pops comes out clean. Cool the cake pops and refrigerate the cooled balls for 30 minutes. Do this with all the batter.
• Boil the ¼ cup of water and add gelatin to it (you can use gelatin of any flavor you like). Stir the gelatin in till it is completely dissolved in the water. Pour in the vodka and cold water and stir yet again. Allow the mixture to stand in room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes and stir from time to time.
• Get a fine-tipped injector or a squeeze bottle and fill it up with the liquid gelatin mixture.
• Push in the tip of the injector into each cake pop and inject each one with 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons of the gelatin mixture and let the mixture sink into the cakes. After filling each cake, quickly push in a paper treat stick into the hole the injector made and refrigerate the cake pops for several hours.
For The Light Creamy Glaze
• Take double boiler or a heat proof bowl and rest it on top of a saucepan.