Mini Raspberry Pies
Ingredients (For 4 servings)
• 1 pint of fresh raspberries or approximately two cups
• 1 round prepared pie crust, cut into fourths
• ½ cup of sugar plus a little more for sprinkling
• 1 tablespoon of water
• 1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch
• ½ teaspoon of almond extract
• 1 pinch of salt
How to Prepare
1. Heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut the pie crust into four circles and set resultant trimmings aside. Create cups by pressing the pie circles into a muffin tin.
3. Whisk the cornstarch and water in a bowl and mix till you get a smooth mixture. Add in sugar, almond extract, berries, and salt and toss these ingredients to combine them together. Now divide the berry mixture equally among the four cups. Use the trimmings you had aside earlier to create lattice tops.
4. Sprinkle the mini pies with the extra sugar. Bake the mini pies till their juices are bubbling slowly, it will take about 25 minutes for this to happen. Once baked, allow the pies to cool completely before removing them from the pan. Run a thin and flexible knife around the edges of the pies and gently life them and serve.