Fluffy Strawberry Pie with Pretzel Crust Recipe
Enjoy a no-bake refrigerator pie with a delicious fruity filling and a salty pretzel crust
Fluffy Strawberry Pie with Pretzel Crust
Ingredients for Pretzel Crust
• Granulated sugar (quarter cup)
• Crushed pretzels (1 ¼ Cups)
• Melted margarine or butter (Half cup)
Ingredients for a Pie
• Boiling water (3/4 cup)
• One package strawberry flavored gelatin (four serving size)
• Grated lime peel (one teaspoon)
• Lime juice (1/4 cup)
• Heavy whipping cream (1 ½ cups)
• Powdered sugar (3/4 cup)
• Slightly crushed strawberries (Two cups)
• Chocolate covered strawberries (optional)
Directions for Preparation
1. Take a medium sized bowl and mix up all the crust ingredients. Now press this mixture firmly against the sides and bottom of a 9 inch glass pie plate.
2. Take a large bowl and pour some boiling water over the gelatin. Stir it till the gelatin gets dissolved. Now stir in some lime juice & lime peel. Put the whole thing in a refrigerator for one hour till it becomes quite thick. However, make sure not to keep it for too long in the refrigerator as it may set the whole thing and ruin all your effort.
3. With the help of an electric mixture beat the gelatin mixture for 4-5 minutes on a high speed till it becomes fluffy & thick. Now take a chilled large bowl and beat some powdered sugar & whipping cream in it on a high speed till a stiff peak is formed. Fold crushed strawberries & whipping cream in the gelatin mixture and pour it into the crust.
4. Put the whole thing in a refrigerator for almost 8 hours till it sets. You can garnish it with some chocolate covered strawberries (optional). Cover it and store in a refrigerator.