Funky Rainbow Jar Cakes
What you’ll need:
1 Betty Crocker white cake mix
1/3 cup of Vegetable oil
1 ¼ cup of water Liquid food colouring (pink, blue, purple, yellow, green, red and blue)
3 (1-Pint) wide-mouth glass canning jars
Cooking oil spray
How to make these rainbow jar cakes:
- Pre-heat your oven to about 350 degrees.
- After washing up and drying the canning jars spray the cooking oil on the inside of each jar generously.
- Make the cake batter as directed on the cake mix box.
- Divide the batter in to 5 bowls with one cup of batter in each bowl.
- Add the food colouring in each of the bowls and blend well. (You can choose any colour you want to use)
- Now you have 5 individually coloured batters in 5 bowls. Now you should spoon up about 2/4 cup of each of the coloured batter in to these jars. You can layer the colours in any way you want. Using a paper towel clean up any drips on the sides of the jars.
- Now place these jars in to a glass baking dish and add ¼” of water at the base.
- Bake these cakes for about 40 minutes. To check if the cakes are properly baked use a long bamboo skewer.
- After removing from the oven let the cakes cool for about an hour.
- After they are cool spread the frosting over the top of the cake and decorate with sprinkles or anything your desire.