Heavenly Raspberry Tiramisu
• Couple of egg yolks
• Sugar (2 ½ tablespoons)
• Vanilla extract (1/2 teaspoon)
• Mascarpone cheese (One cup)
• Heavy cream (2/3 cup)
• Ladyfingers (5 to 6)
• Cold brewed coffee (One-fourth cup)
• Fresh raspberries (1 ¼ cups)
• Cocoa powder
Directions for Preparation
1. Take a heatproof bowl and add sugar and egg yolk into it. Mix them properly till a pale yellow mixture is formed.
2. Take a saucepan with simmering water and place the bowl over it. However, while doing so, keep in mind that the water in the pan must not touch the bowl’s bottom.
3. Cook it at low temperature, whisk and stir the mixture frequently till the mixture becomes thick and you notice a ribbon tail over the surface while lifting the whisk.
4. Remove it from the stove and allow it to cool down. Now whisk in some vanilla and beat mascarpone till it becomes smooth enough.
5. Take a new bowl and put some heavy cream into it. Beat the cream till stiff peaks are formed. Now gently fold them into mascarpone cheese mixture.
6. With the help of a pastry brush, brush some coffee over each ladyfinger, and cut them to 3-4 pieces. Now take couple of serving glasses and in their bottom put a layer of these chopped ladyfingers.
7. Into these serving glasses add mascarpone cheese mixture layer and then the raspberries layer. Continue this process and end it with mascarpone cheese mixture layer.
Once done, dust some cocoa powder over it and put it in refrigerator for an hour to cool it down. Your Raspberry Tiramisu is ready to be served now.