Making Life More Vibrant and Colorful
Cupcakes are delightfully versatile desserts that are perfect to be served in various occasions. These edible party treats are becoming more and more popular as they do not only taste delicious but they also make beautiful centerpieces. Cupcake favors are unique souvenir idea that will delight the children and grown-ups alike!
With new techniques in baking and the creativity of bakers, individuals no longer have to settle in a single tone cupcakes. Rainbow cupcakes would serve as the perfect treat for your kid’s birthday or for a fun family day activity. The best thing about these cupcakes is their vibrant colors – they are too pretty to eat!
Contrary to what most people believe, you don’t have to be an expert baker to create this colorful treats that are truly feast to the eyes! Armed with just the basic baking skills as well as the tools and ingredients needed for the Rainbow cupcakes recipe, you can already surprise your kids with a new version of their favorite treats.
Ingredients:To make this version of rainbow cupcakes you will need 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup sour cream, 1 white cake mix, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. For the frosting, you will need 6 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 5 tablespoon milk, 3 sticks (1 and 1/2 cups) butter at room temperature, dash of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract.
Directions:For the Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven. In a bowl, combine all ingredients until they are well-incorporated. Scrape the side of the bowl to remove any batter that stick to it and beat the mixture for 3 minutes on high speed.
2. Once the batter is mixed well, divide them into the number of colors that you are using in your rainbow cupcakes. If you are going to use 5 colors (blue, red, green, orange, and yellow), you divide the batter into 5. To achieve the brightest colors on your cupcakes, you can use Wilton brand gel colors when coloring each of the batter to your desired color intensity.
3. Put a spoonful for each color on paper-cup-lined muffin tins. Since the butter is too thick to spread on their own, dip your finger in a bowl of water and use it to spread the batter out. Another option is to use a measuring spoon to measure and control the amount of batter you will put and spread it out using your finger.
4. Bake according to package directions. Let them cool. This recipe makes around 15 cupcakes.
For the Frosting
1. Beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, salt, and coconut extract. Mix until they are combined.
2. Gradually add the milk and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until they are fluffy. Put in a pastry bag and frost the cooled cupcakes. You can also use a ziplock bag cut on one corner as your frosting decorating bag.
Rainbow cupcakes are delectable treats that are easy to make. Give your loved ones a new and better way to enjoy these cutest cupcakes in town!