Raspberry Topped Ganache Pie
What You Need:
• ¼ cup of melted butter or margarine
• 2 cups of fresh raspberries
• 24 Oreo® cookies, finely crushed
• Approx. 230 grams of semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 6 tablespoons of strawberry jam
• 1 tablespoon of water
• 1 cup of whipping cream
How to Prepare
• Preheat your oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
• Mix the crushed cookies and melted butter together. Press the crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
• Bake this for 10 minutes and then allow it to cool.
• Heat the chocolate and cream in a microwave set on high heat (remember to use to a microwave-friendly bowl) for 2 minutes or till the chocolate melts completely and the mixture becomes smooth upon stirring.
• Add 2 tablespoons of jam into the chocolate mixture and mix this thoroughly.
• Pour this mixture onto the baked crust and refrigerate for 4 hours.
• Garnish the pie with the berries.
• In a microwave-friendly bowl, microwave the remaining jam and water for 30 seconds; stir this until the ingredients blend well together. Now brush this over the raspberries placed on top of the pie.
• Refrigerate this for another 1 hour and then you can enjoy this wonderful dessert.