• 16 moderately-sized strawberries, cleaned and dried
• 2 eggs
• 1 container (Approx. 50 grams) of Betty Crocker Cupcake Gems, Pearl
• 1 cup of Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White Frosting
• 1 container (approx. 50 grams) of Betty Crocker Decors, chocolate
• 1 cup of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Cake Mix, Yellow
• 1 cup of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Cake Mix, Chocolate Fudge
• 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips
• 2 tablespoons of melted butter
• 1 cup of Betty Crocker Whipped Chocolate Frosting
• ½ cup of rainbow sprinkles, rainbow sunflower seeds, or mini rainbow chip sprinkles
How to Prepare
1. Preheat your oven to 177°C. Mix 1 egg, yellow cake mix and one tablespoon of melted butter together in a small bowl. Thoroughly grease mini muffin tins (you may also line them with non-stick cupcake wrappers) and spoon the mixture into them.
2. In another small bowl, repeat the procedure mentioned above but with the chocolate cake mix.
3. Bake both the chocolate and the yellow cupcakes in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back when touched lightly. Remove the cupcakes and let them cool completely.
4. Frost the yellow (vanilla) cupcakes with chocolate frosting and sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles on top of the frosting. Now frost the top of the chocolate cupcakes with the vanilla frosting and sprinkle the cupcake gem pearls on top. Place these cupcakes in a fridge so that they get firm.
5. Heat the chocolate chips in a microwave in 30-second bursts (make sure you use a microwave-friendly bowl), then stir until they are melted. Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate and then roll them in the rainbow sprinkles. Place these chocolate-covered strawberries on a piece of parchment paper until the chocolate has hardened completely (to harden the chocolate quickly, dip cold strawberries into the chocolate, then place in fridge for 10-15 minutes, once dipped).
6. Time to thread your kabobs! Thread the cupcakes gently since they can be tender. Use a wooden kabob (you may even use long sucker sticks or chopsticks) to thread a chocolate cupcake, a strawberry, a vanilla cupcake, then another strawberry. Place these yummy kabobs side-by-side on a serving platter. Keep these in the fridge while covered lightly, for up to 5 hours, until ready to serve