How to make Mardi Gras Style Jelly Shots
What you’ll need:
12 glass shot glasses
Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
Sprinkles (Purple , yellow and green sugar sprinkles)
1 3/4 cups of lemonade
4 gelatin packets
1 1/4 cups of cake-flavoured vodka
2 tablespoons of condensed milk
Liquid food colouring (purple, green and yellow)
Edible glitter (silver)
Packet of gushers candy
How to make Mardi Gras Style Jelly Shots:
- To decorate the rims of these shot glasses dip the rims in the vanilla frosting and then individually dip 1/3 of the glasses rim in to the sprinkles. (Purple , yellow and green sugar sprinkles)
- Now set these glasses aside.
- Now pour in some lemonade in to a sauce pan and sprinkle in some gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak in the water for a few minutes and then heat over a low heat and stir constantly until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flavoured vodka in to the mix along with the condensed milk.
- Take this gelatine mixture and divide it in to 3 separate bowls with about one cup in each bowl.
- Add the liquid food colouring to each bowl and mix well.
- For the first layer of the shot using a tablespoon add in the purple gelatin to each glass. Refrigerate for 20 minutes till set.
- Remove the glass from the refrigerator and add in the edible glitter over the purple layer and tap gently to even out.
- Continue this step for the next two layers. You can add a gusher candy in the yellow layer for a fun surprise for your guests. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish this beautiful jelly shot with whipped cream and sugar sprinkles.
- Serve with a little spoon and enjoy