Oreo Marshmallows (Cookies and Cream)
This is one recipe you will want to try!
• Caster sugar (One cup)
• Liquid glucose or light corn syrup (6 teaspoons)
• Gelatin powder (3 tablespoons)
• Egg white (3 big eggs)
• Unsweetened cocoa powder (Couple of tablespoons)
• Vanilla extract (Couple of teaspoons)
• Melted butter or vegetable oil
• Oreo biscuits (One packet)
Directions for Preparation
1. Take lamington tray (24×32 cm) and grease it. Now line it with a baking paper. We are making chocolate layers first, so take a small saucepan and mix caster sugar (250g), glucose (Couple of teaspoons) and water (100 ml). Heat the pan on low temperature and stir till the sugar dissolves completely. Take a small bowl with cold water (100 ml) and add gelatin powder (One tablespoon) in it. Set it aside to make it soft. Increase heat and boil the mixture in saucepan for next 3 to 5 minutes. With the help of a sugar thermometer check the temperature and once the temperature reaches 1200C, remove the pan from the heat. Now add gelatin to it and mix properly.
2. Take a bigger mixing bowl and put the egg whites in it. Blend them with a blender or electric mixer at high speed. Now slowly add hot sugar syrup to it and continue mixing till the mixture becomes white & glossy. Add cocoa powder (one tablespoon) in it mix again. Now immediately pour this mixture over a prepared tin and with the help of a spatula make the surface of the mixture smooth enough. Follow the same procedure with second & third layer. However, here instead of cocoa we will use vanilla extract. Once done, allow them to cool down at room temperature for whole night.
3. Take Oreo cookies and with the help of a knife scrape off the fillings. Now crush the Oreos in fine crumbs with the help of a food processor. Now take marshmallows and cut them into squares. Roll the pieces of marshmallows over the crumbs and then put them over the baking paper for next few hours to dry. Once dry, you can store them in any airtight container. These marshmallows will stay fresh for couple of weeks.