Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
What You Need:
For The Peanut Butter Filling
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 pack of Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
2 teaspoons of water
For the Sugar Cookie
2 eggs separately kept
2 separately kept
½ cups of butter, softened but not melted
2 packs of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
4 divided tablespoons of flour separately kept
Food colour (rainbow colours), coloured sugars, sprinkles and other such thinks according to personal preference
How To Prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Mix in all the ingredients mentioned under the peanut butter filling and mix till a soft dough forms. Roll the dough into 48, 1 inch balls, place them onto a baking sheet and then in the fridge.
2. Take 1 egg, ½ cup of butter, 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 cookie mix pack and add them all up to form a soft dough. Roll the dough into a ball and set it aside. Repeat the steps to form yet another similar dough. Roll this mixture into a ball as well and add both the balls together only to divide the resultant ball into 5 smaller balls.
3. Add a few colour drops to one of the balls and work the ball with your hands till the colour spreads throughout the dough. Keep on adding the drops and massage them into the ball till you have the right colour intensity. Do the same with the rest of the 4 balls, using a separate colour on each one of them. Remember to wash your hands in between each ball to avoid colour transfer.
4. Take out the peanut butter balls from the fridge, pull out a small piece from the cookie dough enough for you to make a 2 inch flat circle on your palm, place the peanut butter ball at the centre of the circle and wrap it in. Roll this until you have a smooth shape in your hand and push in sprinkles and coloured sugar etc. while rolling. Set 12 of these balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart and repeat till you have wrapped all the peanut butter balls into the sugar cookie dough and have them on cookie sheets.
5. Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 8 or 9 minutes till the cookies are set but are short of being brown. Remove the sheet and GENTLY tap to remove any remaining mounds so that the cookies are smooth and flat on top. Allow the cookies to cool down in the sheets for 2 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack to cool completely.