How to make a Pistachio and Cherry Cake
What You Need:
• 1 pack or approximately 100 grammes of pistachio flavoured instant pudding mix
• 3 tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice
• 1 container of Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix
• ½ stick of softened butter
• 2 whole eggs
• 2 cups of powdered sugar
• 2/3 cup of water
• 2 tablespoons of melted butter
• ½ teaspoon of almond extract
• 2-3 tablespoons of milk
• Green food colour
• Optional powdered sugar for dusting
How to Prepare:
• Heat the oven to around 177 degrees Celsius.
• Use shortening to grease a 12 cup bundt pan and lightly flour it.
• Beat the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, butter, the ½ stick of butter in a large bowl and 8 drops of green food colour using an electric mixer on low speed for half a minute. Now beat with medium speed for another 2 minutes.
• Pour the thick batter into the pan evenly. Bake for 38 to 43 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center returns back clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes and then place it on the cooling rack to cool completely.
• While the cake cools, mix together the cherry juice, powdered sugar, milk and butter in a medium sized bowl to form a glaze. Remember to add more milk or powdered sugar to achieve proper consistency.
• Pour the glaze over the cake evenly and let it rest for a few minutes so that it hardens (make sure the cake has cooled).
• If desired, dust the powdered sugar over the cake and enjoy the cake!