Rainbow Cherry Shots
What you will need:
30 maraschino cherries (Different colours of the cherries are available in the market)
1 ½ teaspoon of gelatine powder
2 cups of clear cranberry juice or cocktail
1 cup of pineapple juice
How to make rainbow cherry shots:
- You will be needing some flexible half sphere molds for these shots.
- Spray some cooking oil on to these molds and wipe with a paper towel.
- Cut the bottom of the cherries slightly so that they would be able to stand straight in the molds
- To make the opaque layer start off with a saucepan and sprinkle in half a tablespoon of gelatine and allow it to soak for one or two minutes in the pineapple juice.
- Now heat this mixture on a low heat for 5 minutes until gelatine is fully dissolved and remove from the stove.
- Fill the mold with this mixture by 1/3 and refrigerate for an hour.
- Now its time to prepare the clear layer of your jelly shots. Add the cranberry juice to a saucepan and the gelatine and make the jelly the same way you did for the opaque layer.
- Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once your opaque layer is set and the clear jelly is cooled down a bit place the cherries in the molds with the opaque layer and fill the rest of the mold with the clear jelly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving sprinkle with sprinkles.