Raspberry and Coconut Bars
What You Need:
• 2 and 2/3 cups of flaked coconut
• 1 cup of seedless raspberry preserves
• 1 and 2/3 cups of graham cracker crumbs
• 1/3 cup of chopped toasted walnuts
• ½ cup of melted butter
• 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (approx. 400 grams)
• ¼ cup of white baking chips
• ½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
• Mix the melted butter and the graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Coat a 13 × 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and the press the crumb mixture onto the dish. Sprinkle this with the coconut and drizzle over the milk.
• Bake this at 177 degrees Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes or till the crumbs are lightly brown. Let this cool completely over a wire rack.
• Spread the raspberry preserves over the baked crust and sprinkle the walnuts over this.
• Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave and stir till the melted chocolate is smooth. Drizzle this over the walnuts over the baked cracker crumbs.
• Repeat this process with the white chips this time.
• Cut this into bars and refrigerate for approx. 30 minutes or till the chocolate is set.
• Now serve and enjoy these coconut and raspberry bars.