Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
What you will need:
1 box Betty Crocker devil’s food cake mix
1/2 a cup of butter (softened)
3 package of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (melted)
½ a cup of sour cream
3/4 a cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of red food color
2 cups of whipped topping
How to make Red Velvet Cheesecake:
1. Heat oven to 150°C.
2. Spray the inside of a baking pan with cooking oil and flour.
3. Reserve 1/4th of a cup for the cake mix for the filling.
4. In a separate bowl beat together the remaining cake mix with butter on a low speed.
5. Pour in to the pan.
6. Now in another bowl beat together the reserved cake mix with cream cheese, chocolate, sour cream, sugar and food colour on a medium speed until the mixture is smooth.
7. Now beat in the eggs to this mixture one at a time just until blended and pour this mixture over the crust.
8. Bake this for an hour until the edges of the cheesecake are set.
9. Turn the oven off and leave in the cake for 30 minutes.
10. Refrigerate overnight.
11. Pipe with whipped topping and serve.