What you’ll need:
1 cup butter
Half a cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups of flour
Red food colouring
Mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup of shortening
1 1/3 cup powder sugar
Non-stick cookie sheet
How to make these Santa shaped cookies:
- Pre-heat the oven to 160c
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter on high for about 30 seconds till it’s light and fluffy.
- Now add in the sugar and beat the mixture till it is combined. Then add the milk and vanilla to the mixture while the mixer is still beating.
- Now turn the mixer to a low speed and gradually add in the flour.
- Set aside one cup of the cookie dough.
- With the remainder of the cookie dough add in 12 drops of red liquid food colour and mix till all the dough has a nice dark red colour.
- To make one Santa you will need a one inch ball and 5 half inch balls made out of the red coloured dough. From the plain dough we took out earlier form the mixture you will need to make a ¾ inch ball and 4 ¼ inch balls.
- Now on a non-stick cookie sheet start constructing your Santa by pushing the dough part together as shown in the final picture.
- Add the buttons and eyes to your Santa by using the chocolate chips.
- Now that you’re Santa cookies are all prepped bake them for about 15 minutes.
- Once the cookies are done let them cool for about 2 minutes and place one red hot for your Santa’s nose.
- Now for your Santa’s beard you’ll need some frosting. To make the frosting beat some shortening and vanilla with a blender for 30 seconds. Keep adding powdered sugar and milk to make your frosting fluffy.
- Now using a pastry bag make Santa’s beard.