Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas
• Package Cream Cheese (8 oz)
• Sour cream (One-fourth cup)
• One tablespoon sugar and One-fourth cup sugar (Keep them separate)
• Vanilla extract (One teaspoon)
• Fresh lemon zest (Half a teaspoon)
• Soft flour tortillas (Total 6 in number, 8-inches each)
• Sliced strawberries (1 ¾ cups)
• Cinnamon (One tablespoon)
• Vegetable oil
Directions for Preparation
1. First of all beat the sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon zest and sugar (one tablespoon) together in a mixer, and then add three-fourth cup of sliced strawberries in it.
2. Now spread the mixture in equal quantities between tortillas. Fold both the sides of tortilla to its center and roll it like burrito. With the help of toothpicks, secure them. Follow this same process with other tortillas.
3. Take one-fourth cup sugar and mix it with cinnamon in a deep bowl. Keep it aside and prepare a big plate lined with paper towels.
4. Take a big saucepan and add 3 inches of oil in it. However, while doing so, make sure that there’s a 2 inch distance left between the oil and saucepan’s top. Heat it at medium high temperature till it reaches 360 degree F.
5. Now one by one you can fry chimichangas for next three minutes till they become crispy enough and golden brown in color. Make sure to flip them while doing so. Now place these chimichangas on a plate lined with paper towel for one minute. Once excess oil has been soaked, roll them over a mixture of sugar & cinnamon. Follow the same process with other chimichangas.
Once ready, take out the toothpicks from chimichangas and place them over a serving plate. You can now top them with sliced strawberries and serve them instantly.