Super Nutty Brownies
What You Need
• 4 and 2/3 separate cups (approx. 800 grams of semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 and ½ cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 and ½ cups of sugar
• 2 separate cups of roughly chopped macadamia nuts or pecans
• ½ cup of cubed butter
• 4 eggs
• 5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon of baking soda
• 3 tablespoons of hot water
• ½ teaspoon of salt
How to Prepare
• Set your oven to approx. 160 degrees Celsius and grease a 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
• Melt the butter with sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove this from heat and stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips until the chocolate chips have melted as well and are mixed in.
• Pour this mixture into a large bowl and beat in the hot water. Now add the eggs one by one and make sure you beat the mixture well after every addition of an egg. Mix the vanilla into this mixture.
• Mix the salt, baking soda and all-purpose flour together and beat this mixture into the previous mixture till all the ingredients have been blended in.
• Stir in 2 more cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup of macadamia nuts or pecans.
• Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan and sprinkle over the rest of the nuts and chocolate chips. Bake this for around 55 minutes or till the center is set; make sure you do not over bake.
• Let this cool over a wire rack, cut into bars to make several brownies (yield will be around 42 brownies) and serve!