The worlds best ham sandwiches
If these aren't the best little ham & cheese dinner rolls you've EVER had I don't know what is!! EVERYBODY in my family loves them, especially hot out of the oven with that melted swiss chees and the glorious home-made and SIMPLE marinade soaked into the top of them, making them all crunchy with just a bit of zing that your regular "ham & cheese toastie" just DOESN'T have!!! It's so easy, give it a go!!
700gm Virginia Ham
Dozen slices swiss cheese
Dozen dinner rolls (or small bread rolls)
One tea/sp garlic powder
Two tea/sp worcestershire sauce
One tea/sp onion powder
Half cup butter
Here's how to make them :
1. You will need two 9 x 13 inch baking trays. Cut your dinner rolls in half and lay the bottom halves within the trays.
2. On each of these halves, place roughly two shaved pieces of ham. Cut each piece of swiss cheese into quarters & place two slices per roll. Now just put your dinner roll tops back on.
3. THE GARNISH SAUCE: In a saucepan, now combine your butter, worcestershire sauce, garlic & onion powders. Remove as soon as the butter has melted. Use a brush to equally divide the mixture over the tops of your ham rolls.
4. It's best to let them sit with the mixture marinading over the top for a little while, so cover in foil and place in fridge for at least ONE hour or overnight if you want (but you can cook straight away if you like).
5. Preheat oven to 190 C and bake your rolls for roughly 15 mins or until you can see the cheese is melted. Ready to serve immediately or you can leave until room temperature.