Vegan and gluten free chocolate
Triple Chocolate Doughnuts Recipe
Ingredients for Doughnuts
• Oat Flour (Half a cup)
• Sweet Rice Flour (Half a cup)
• Pure Cane Sugar (Half a cup)
• Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (One-fourth cup)
• Almond Meal (Couple of tablespoons)
• Coconut Flour (Couple of tablespoons)
• Ground Flax Meal (Couple of tablespoons)
• Baking Powder (One teaspoon)
• Baking Soda (Half a teaspoon)
• Salt (Half a teaspoon)
• Unsweetened Almond Milk (Three-fourth cup)
• Unsweetened Applesauce (One-fourth cup)
• Three tablespoons of Oil (I prefer Grapeseed Oil-AL)
• Half a cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips (I myself prefer Enjoy Life Mini Chips-AL)
Ingredients for Chocolate Frosting
• Unsweetened Almond Milk (2 to 3 tablespoons)
• Powdered Sugar (Two-third cup)
• Vegan Butter (Three tablespoons)
• Cocoa Powder (One-fourth cup)
• Vegan Sprinkles for garnishing (I prefer Let’s Do Sprinklez-AL)
Directions for Preparation
1. Pre-heat the oven till the temperature reaches 175c. Grease the doughnut pan.
2. For Doughnuts- Take a big bowl, put the dry ingredients in it and mix them properly. Now take another bowl and whip all the wet ingredients (oil, milk & applesauce) in it till they mix properly.
3. Pour wet mixture over the dry mixture, and stir them with the help of a wooden spoon till they all mix to some extent. However, make sure not to mix them fully. Stop immediately when you don’t see dry flour anymore. Leave the batter for about 5 minutes and make sure not to stir anymore. You will see that the batter has become quite thick and cannot be poured.
4. With the help of a spoon put the batter into doughnut molds. However, make sure that there is a 3 to 6mm gap between the top layer of batter and the top of the mold. Now take a small silicone spatula and gently smooth out the upper crest of batter. However, while doing so, make sure not to press the batter down.
5. Bake them for 18 to 23 minutes. Now allow them to cool down for next 5 minutes and with the help of a spatula smoothly slide out the doughnuts. Now place them over a cooking rack until they become cool enough for topping.
6. For Frosting- Take a medium sized bowl and put the frosting ingredients in it. Now beat them with the help of an electric mixer till they become smooth. However, if necessary, you can adjust the amount of sugar or milk. Now spread the frosting over the cooled doughnuts. You can garnish them with sprinkles.