Yummy Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites
• Warm water (1 ½ cups)
• Light brown sugar (Couple of tablespoons)
• Active dry yeast (One package or 2 ¼ tsp)
• Melted unsalted butter (Six Tablespoons)
• Kosher salt (2 ½ tsp)
• All purpose flour (4 to 5 cups)
• Vegetable oil
• Water (Three quarts)
• Baking soda (2/3 cups)
• One egg beaten with cold water (1 tablespoon)
• Sugar (2 tablespoons) mixed with cinnamon (1 tsp)
Directions for Preparation
1. First of all, mix sugar, water, butter and yeast in a bowl with mixer and allow it to sit for next 5 minutes.
2. Now add some flour & salt and mix in a low speed, and then increase the speed a bit and mix for next 3-4 minutes till fine dough is formed. Now transfer the dough to a flat surface and repeatedly press with hands to turn it into a ball.
3. Take a bowl and cover it with vegetable oil and then move the dough in it. Turn the dough in the bowl in all sides so that it gets covered in oil. Now cover the bowl with a foil and place the bowl in a warm area and wait for the dough to become double in size.
4. Heat the oven at 220c and add some baking soda in boiling water.
5. Sprinkle some flour over a flat surface and then transfer the dough from the bowl to it. Evenly divide this dough into eight separate parts and then roll each piece into a 22” rope. Now one by one cut them into 1” pieces to form pretzel bites. Boil these pretzel bites in water (15 pieces at a time) for 30 seconds. Once boiled, transfer these pretzel bites into a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake these pretzel bites at 220c degrees for next eight minutes and once baked transfer them to a cooling rack. Brush these pretzel bites with egg wash and then sprinkle a good amount of cinnamon sugar over them. Bake them again for 8 to 10 minutes till they become golden brown in color.