Yummy tiramisu bites
• 12 slices of frozen pound cake, approx. 1/4 inch thick and thawed
• 1 container of mascarpone cheese, approx. 230 grams
• 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup of semisweet baking chocolate
• 1 1/2 teaspoons of instant coffee granules
• 1 1/2 teaspoons of rum extract
• 1/2 cup of whipping cream
• 1/4 cup of water
• 24 espresso coffee beans, if desired
• Line 24 mini muffin cups with petit four paper cups. Cut two 1 1/4-inch circles from each one of 12 cake slices and put 1 cake round at the bottom of each cup.
• In a small bowl, mix the coffee granules, 1/2 teaspoon of the rum extract and water. Drizzle around half a teaspoon of the mixture you just created over the cake slices in each muffin cup and set these aside.
• In a moderately sized bowl and with an electric beater, beat the remaining rum extract (1 teaspoon), cheese, powdered sugar on moderate speed until the mixture is creamy. In another moderately sized bowl and with the electric mixer set at high speed, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Now the mixer set at low speed, beat cheese mixture into whipped cream. Spoon or pipe a rounded tablespoon whipped cream mixture into each cup; the mixture should cover the cake.
• Grate semisweet chocolate over each cup. Top each with coffee beans. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours to blend flavours. Now serve or store in a refrigerator while covered.